This week: early benchmarks are in for Apple’s new M1 silicon, and they show the new chip makes the new MacBook Air FASTER than the 16-inch MacBook Pro. The M1 performance is HARD TO BELIEVE, and then there's the insane battery life...
Plus, HomePod mini reviews are in, and we go hands-on with Dolby Atmos on Apple TV with original HomePod!
CultCast is now listener supported!
Today we announced that CultCast is going listener supported. If you 💖 what we do, & want to see more content with the same CultCast gusto, please join us!
Supporters get CultCast: Off Topic!, a new variety show hosted by Erfon Elijah (and friends).
Patreon - patreon.com/thecultcast
Subscribe Star - subscribestar.com/cultcast
This episode supported by
Join us in the CultClub! discord.gg/BrKdnSK
On the show this week
@erfon / @lkahney / @lewiswallace
This week's stories
Performance trajectory shows why jump to Apple Silicon makes perfect sense
- Apple improved its processors’ performance by a massive 3x in the past five years, according to analysis carried out by AnandTech.
Apple Silicon M1 Chip in MacBook Air Outperforms High-End 16-Inch MacBook Pro
- In comparison to Macs, the single-core M1performance is better than any other available Mac, and the multi-core performance beats out all of the 2019 16-inch MacBook Pro models, including the 10th-generation high-end 2.4GHz Intel Core i9 model.
Apple Silicon M1’s biggest surprise? Insane battery life
- Apple Silicon was widely expected to be fast, but perhaps the biggest surprise of the new M1 chip is the insane battery life it enables.
First HomePod mini reviews: Superior audio that’s better late than never
- What HiFi?: “the HomePod Mini outperforms its size and price like no other smart speaker you can buy.”
HomePods + Apple TV + Dolby Atmos - WOW (review, sound test and reactions)
- Apple has brought Dolby Atmos support to HomePods!
Direct download: cultcast_466.mp3
-- posted at: 11:19pm PDT