This week: all our favorite stuff of 2020! Plus: Ming-Chi provides a big update Apple Car, and we’ll tell you what you need to know about AirPods Max Sweatgate—yes, it’s a problem!
Support CultCast content and get CultCast Off Topic, our new variety show hosted by Erfon Elijah and friends, for just $6 a month!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 12, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
Join us in the CultClub! discord.gg/BrKdnSK
On the show this week
@erfon / @lkahney / @lewiswallace
Thank you to our Cult Supporters!
Ian MF Medina
Anthony Scouras ( Tonipepperoni77)
John Lee Clair
This week's stories
AirPods Max condensation makes some owners sweat
- Apple’s AirPods Max headphones are drawing complaints from some users after drops of water formed inside the earpads after extended use. Condensation is not an uncommon problem with over-the-ear headphones, though the metal ear cups and tight fit of the Apple version might increase the amount.
- Quite a few users in the twitter thread an in my vid covering this have said they’re having the same issue
Max Stand adds wireless charging to AirPods Max
- German design studio Floating Pixels dreamed up an improvement to AirPods Max. They created the Max Stand -- it holds the over-the-ears headphones upright, making them easy to pick up and use. And it adds wireless charging, rather than requiring users to plug in a cable.
Pick up these gold-plated AirPods Max for a mere $108,000
- Caviar came up with a pair of AirPods Max that's even more expensive than the original. They are gold-plated, and the headband is covered in crocodile leather. You can get them in black or white -- one-click ordering for your convenience!
WaterField makes the AirPods Max case Apple should have
- WaterField Designs delivered what Apple didn’t - a protective case for AirPods Max. The San Francisco company's new Max Shield Case was designed with input from Apple fans.
Kuo: Apple Car Still in Early Stages, Unlikely to Launch Until 2025-2027 at Earliest
- Earlier this week, Reuters reported that Apple is targeting 2024 for production of its long-rumored electric vehicle with "next level" battery technology, but Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes that a launch is unlikely until 2025-2027 at the earliest.
Direct download: cultcast_473.mp3
-- posted at: 10:00pm PST