This week: Apple's March 8th event! Let's talk hardware expectations...
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 13, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
Apple Readies New MacBooks and iMacs for Part Three of Overhaul
- Before the calendar flipped to 2022, I wrote that Apple Inc. is planning a massive slew of upgrades this year. The new products will include the Apple Watch Series 8 line, iPhone 14 and a new iPad Pro, but a lot of the attention will be on the Mac.
Win a 100W GaN fast charger from Ugreen
- This week, Cult of Mac is giving away 10 — count ’em, 10! — powerful GaN fast chargers from award-winning company Ugreen. With three USB-C ports, a USB-A port and 100 watts of power, they let you charge multiple devices at once. They’re perfect for travel, too, because they’re so small and pack such a punch.
iOS 15.4 beta 4 adds new anti-stalking features for AirTag
- Apple’s newest iOS 15.4 beta adds new anti-stalking features for AirTag that were first announced earlier this month. The fourth beta release, which rolled out to registered developers on Tuesday, includes a new AirTag setup warning that states it is illegal to use the device to track people without their consent in many regions.
Apple Stores remove face mask requirements as omicron variant recedes
- Apple has stopped requiring face masks at many U.S. retail locations as states ease mandates. Plus, in-person Today at Apple classes will resume soon. The moves come as the omicron COVID-19 surge comes to an end.
Apple Ring is the health accessory we need
- We keep hearing about Apple's AR/VR headset, but who really wants it? Cult of Mac writer Ed Hardy has a better idea - and let's hope Tim Cook is listening!
Direct download: cultcast_533.mp3
-- posted at: 11:15pm PDT