- iOS 15.4 beta lets you use Face ID while wearing a mask
- iOS 15.4 allows third-party apps to use 120Hz ProMotion on iPhone 13 Pro
- Fun new emoji coming in iOS 15.4 will let you salute, melt and tear up
- Mini-LED iMac Pro launch might slip to summer
- Hey Siri, darken the sunroof glass in my Apple Car
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 13, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
iOS 15.4 beta lets you use Face ID while wearing a mask
- Face ID in iOS 15.4 will let users unlock their iPhones while wearing a mask. The system will simply scan "unique features around the eye area to authenticate," Apple says.
iOS 15.4 allows third-party apps to use 120Hz ProMotion on iPhone 13 Pro
- Apple’s new iOS 15.4 beta eliminates a bug that prevents third-party apps from using iPhone 13 Pro’s super-smooth ProMotion feature.
Mini-LED iMac Pro launch might slip to summer
- The new iMac Pro with a mini-LED display rumored to launch this-coming spring might not come along so soon. It now looks more likely to show up sometime during the summer, display analyst Ross Young said Monday.
Add ports to your M1 Mac with a Satechi USB-C Multiport MX Adapter - Giveaway
- Cult of Mac is giving away two USB-C Multiport MX Adapters from Satechi. This adapter allows you to experience the full potential of your M1 Mac with multitudes of data ports using just a single USB-C port.
How to download Wordle to your device so it stays free forever
- When word went out that The New York Times bought Wordle, panic struck for lots of people who play the popular game. Will the Times ruin Wordle by placing it behind a paywall? (The Times charges for other games.)
Direct download: cultcast_530.mp3
-- posted at: 11:54am PDT