This week: we decipher Apple’s “Wonderlust” event invitation and talk iPhone 15 colors and expectations! 🧙♂️🔥
This episode supported by
Instead of paying hundreds of dollars for a private tutor - or fooling yourself with language apps that are little more than games - Babbel’s quick 10-minute lessons are designed by over 150 language experts to help you start speaking a new language in as little as 3-weeks. Get 55% off at babbel.com/cultcast.
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 14, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
iPhone Life Tip of the Day Newsletter Ad Read for BackBeat Media URL: https://www.iphonelife.com/dailytips
This week's stories
ERFON: Apple sets ‘Wonderlust’ iPhone 15 event for September 12
- Apple sent out invites Tuesday to its annual September product launch event, which will happen September 12. The tagline is “Wonderlust,” so Apple is apparently hoping we’ll all be feeling both wonder and lust when it unveils the iPhone 15 series.
Here's the Apple invitation animation
GRIFFIN: What could the ‘Wonderlust’ event invite mean?
- Apple’s “Wonderlust” event invite features the Apple logo in a windswept, sandy visage. How could the artwork relate to the expected announcements of the iPhone 15 and Apple Watch Series 9 coming during the Apple event on September 12?
LEWIS: Take an early look at the likely iPhone 15 color options
- Apple reportedly will produce the iPhone 15 in an array of mostly muted colors. Yes, unfortunately, it sounds like the regular iPhone might be coming down with a case of the iPhone Pro blues -- boring colors!
LEWIS: Giveaway - Package deal: Apple Watch Carbon Fiber Case and Carbon Fiber Band with Magnetic Clasp for Apple Watch from Lululook
GRIFFIN: Apple tests 3D printing that could revolutionize manufacturing
- Apple is testing a 3D-printer-based manufacturing process for some of its upcoming Apple Watches that could radically change how it manufactures products generally, a new Bloomberg report by Mark Gurman.
ERFON: AirPods with USB-C might launch at Apple’s September event
- After nearly a decade of dragging its feet, Apple is finally switching iPhone to USB-C. The transition away from Lightning is being forced by the European Union, and this fall’s iPhone 15 series will almost certainly be the first with USB-C.
Direct download: cultcast_610.mp3
-- posted at: 11:03pm PST