- How to get significant discounts on Apple gadgets
- The INSANELY SPECIAL doorknobs at Apple’s Spaceship HQ
- The fat paychecks earned by Jony Ive’s industrial designers
- iPhone 8 to come in a plus plus size
- Wireless charging is all but confirmed for all three iPhone 8 sizes
- Next iPhone could cost more than $1,000!
- How to get a massive discount on Final Cut and Logic Pro X
- We reveal our favorite new shows and movies in an all new, What We’re Into Yaaa’aaall 💪🏼
This episode supported by
Build a beautiful, responsive website quick at Squarespace.com
. Enter offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off. Squarespace—Build it Beautiful.
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 7, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time you can use code CULTCAST to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co
We also want to give Kevin MacLeod at incompetech.com
a thanks for the great music you hear on today's show.
On the show this week
@erfon / @bst3r / @lkahney
Students get a massive discount on Apple’s Pro Apps Bundle
- Apple is offering students a massive discount on a bundle of pro apps that includes Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X and more.
- The total cost of the apps included in the set would be just under $630, but Apple is offering them all to those in education for just $199.
- “Education pricing is available to college students, students accepted to college, parents buying for college students, faculty, homeschool teachers, and staff at all grade levels,” Apple said.
- According to a reliable Apple analyst, the company will release three new iPhones this year — including a redesigned iPhone 8 (or iPhone X) and two iterative iPhone 7 updates.
- All three models will reportedly boast new Apple wireless charging tech, rather than the feature being limited to a high-end OLED handset.
- The price of the top-of-the-line iPhone is set to increase to more than $1,000, according to a new report that claims the device will pack an OLED display that stretches across the entire front of the phone
- Switching to an OLED display will likely cost Apple twice as much as the current LCD display used on the iPhone 7, reports Fast Company.
- The report also echoes previous rumors that the 2017 iPhone will come in three screen sizes: 5.8 inches, 5.5 inches and 4.7 inches. It’s still unclear what Apple will call the next iPhone. Some fans expect it to be called the iPhone 10 or iPhone X because this year marks the device’s 10th anniversary.
What we’re into