- Two weeks with the X. We’ll tell you what we like and what still sucks.
- Some very exciting new rumors about the next international of iPhone X
- Two big features coming you to in iOS 11.2 which is now in its 3rd beta
- What we tell you what we like and don’t about our favorite gadgets in a all-new under review 🤜🏼💥🤛🏼
This episode supported by
Casper’s American-made mattresses have just the right amount of memory foam and latex, and people everywhere love them. Learn why and get $50 towards any mattress at Casper.com/cultcast
Learn all you want for free with 30-day trial to LinkedIn Learning by visiting http://linkedin
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 7, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time you can use code CULTCAST to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co
Thanks to Kevin MacLeod at incompetech.com
for the great music you hear on today's show.
On the show this week
Apple may launch 6.5-inch iPhone X Plus in 2018
- One of the most reliable Apple analysts in the game is predicting big things for the iPhone X design in 2018.
- According to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple will release an iPhone X Plus next year with the biggest smartphone screen the company has ever made.
- Kuo says Apple will release three iPhones in 2018 with a notch design. There will supposedly be a 5.8-inch (updated X) and a 6.5-inch model, both with OLED displays.
- The third iPhone will supposedly have a 6.1-inch LCD display but come with the same bezel-free design as the iPhone X.
- The 6.5-inch iPhone X Plus will have a display with 480 to 500 pixels per inch, possibly making it more pixel dense than the iPhone X. The 6.1-inch LCD version will only have a display with 320 to 330 PPI.
iPhone will get rear-facing 3D sensors in 2019
- According to a Bloomberg, Apple is working on a new rear-mounted “3D sensor” for its 2019 iPhone, which will help further the company’s augmented reality ambitions.
- The new system will work using lasers and measuring the amount of time it takes for them to bounce back to create a depth map. This is reportedly different to the TrueDepth sensor system used on the front of the iPhone X, which uses a pattern of 30,000 laser dots to measure depth information for features like Face ID.
Two big features coming to your iPhone 8 and X with the release of iOS 11.2
- Apple Pay cash, which will work on the iPad.
- Apple has added support for faster 7.5W wireless charging in its latest iOS 11.2 beta. iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X all support the increased charging speed. You’ll need a compatible wireless charging mat to take advantage of it, however.
2018 iPad Pro could get 8-core A11X Bionic chip
- Apple supposedly plans to slap an octa-core processor in next year’s iPad Pro, making them the most powerful tablets Apple’s ever made.
- For the iPhone X and iPhone 8, Apple created the A11 Bionic chip that comes with two high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores.
- This is the same chip that is currently faster than the chips in 2012 iMacs and my 2013 MacBook Pro.
- My machine is 33% in multicore tests, but image if they add another 2 high performance cores to the iPad.
Juuk Watch Bands
Patagonia Micropuff Jacket