This week: Our huge mega-list of must-have favorite iOS and Mac apps! Special guest Adam Christianson from the Maccast! Plus, a very special announcement…
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Help team CultCast reunite in San Fransisco for a Mecca to Cupertino, and a special CultCast United episode. And we might just bring you with us….
CultCloth will keep your iPhone X, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
Thanks to Kevin McLeod for the music you hear on today’s episode. On the show this week @erfon / @maccast
Apple warns investors that iPhone sales are weak https://www.cultofmac.com/598692/apple-revenues-iphone-sales-tim-cook/
- Tim Cook warned investors today that weak iPhone sales could translate into revenue shortfalls in the billions of dollars.
- He went on blames the expected revenue drop on fewer-than-expected iPhone upgrades and weakened demand in China.
- “While we anticipated some challenges in key emerging markets, we did not foresee the magnitude of the economic deceleration, particularly in Greater China,” Cook wrote in a letter published on Business Wire. “In fact, most of our revenue shortfall to our guidance, and over 100 percent of our year-over-year worldwide revenue decline occurred in Greater China across iPhone, Mac, and iPad.”
- “As we exit a challenging quarter, we are as confident as ever in the fundamental strength of our business,” he said. “We manage Apple for the long term, and Apple has always used periods of adversity to re-examine our approach, to take advantage of our culture of flexibility, adaptability, and creativity, and to emerge better as a result.
Apple shares plummet following Tim Cook letter https://www.cultofmac.com/598726/apple-shares-plummet-following-tim-cook-letter/
- AAPL shares fell steeply in after-hours trading on Wednesday, after Tim Cook acknowledged that Apple’s earnings would underperform
- Shares fell by more than 7.4 percent, declining as low as $146.22. That’s the lowest that Apple has hit since July 12, 2017. It means that Apple has lost a massive 35.5 percent of its value in just three months.
Tim Cook will host meeting for all Apple employees to talk iPhone https://www.cultofmac.com/598744/tim-cook-will-host-meeting-for-all-apple-employees-to-talk-iphone/#more-598744
- Tim Cook is reportedly hosting an all-hands meeting with every Apple employee today about the revelations regarding stalling iPhone sales.
Our favorite must-have apps, with Adam Christianson, aka Maccast!
- Audio Hijack Pro let's you record and reroute sound on your Mac
- Setapp is a Mac app subscription packed full of great software
- TryCa.st, let's you record high-fidelity audio, alone or with guests
- Bartender clears up your menu bar icons
- Trip Mode, your Mac's mobile data saver
- Ulysseys, the ultimate writing app for Mac
- iStat Menus, advanced Mac system monitor for your menubar
- iThoughtX is a mindmapping tool for the Mac
- Marked, a previewer for Markdown files
- PDF Pen, powerful PDF editing for your Mac
- Busy Cal, one of the best calendar apps for Mac
- iMazing, transfer anything fomr any iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer
- Loopback, cable-free audio routing for Mac
- Farrago, robust, rapid-fire soundboards
- Reeder, RSS reader for your Mac, iPhone, and iPad
- Text Expander, instantly insert snippets of text from a repository of emails, boilerplate and other content
- Ferrite, award-winning audio editing app for iOS
- Gif Keyboard, the perfect gifs, right at your finger tips.
- Hearthstone, Blizzard’s award-winning card battle game.
- Slickdeals, the largest deal-sharing community on the Web
- Strong, workout tracker and gym log.
- Deliveries, package tracker
- Libby, Library ebooks and audiobooks
- Calcbot, one of iOS' best calculators
- Carrot Fit, snarky 7-minute workouts
- Carrot Weather, crazy powerful weather app