This week: we got new intel on iPhone 13, MacBook Pro, and the next iPad mini, and you’re gonna like what you hear. Plus an Apple partner demos tech reportedly coming to Apple Watch, and it’s totally insane.
Get 2-3 episodes of CultCast Off Topic each and every week for just $6! Off Topic is a new weekly variety show hosted by Erfon Elijah and friends, decidated to tech, gaming, culture, and more. Join Cult Support, good friend!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 12, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
Join us in the CultClub! discord.gg/BrKdnSK
On the show this week
@erfon / @lkahney / @lewiswallace
iPhone 13 event rumored for September 14, Apple expectations sky high
- In a Wednesday note to clients, seen by Cult of Mac, Wedbush analyst Dan Ives suggests Apple is gearing up to produce between 90 million and 100 million iPhone 13 units. That’s a 15% increase year-on-year over the iPhone 12, whose initial orders were for 80 million units.
iPhone 13 could be Apple’s first with an ‘always on’ display
- “Apple has tasked suppliers with building up to 90 million new iPhones for this fall,” Gurman wrote. “That’s a 20% increase over the 75 million units Apple planned for the iPhone 12 in 2020 — despite only readying mostly minor changes. Expect a faster A15 chip, smaller notch, a new display for better battery life and the potential of an Apple Watch-like always on mode and a 120Hz refresh rate and upgrades to video recording.”
'iPhone 13 Pro' to come in new colors, including bronze-like 'Sunset Gold'
- An apparent supply chain leak is corroborating rumors that Apple's higher-end "iPhone 13" models could be offered in new colors like "sunset gold," matte black and a pale rose gold.
Next iPad mini may get oversized speed boost from Apple A15 processor
- The much-anticipated iPad mini 6 will boast the Apple A15 processor, according to an unconfirmed report. That should bring a significant performance increase. And the tablet will allegedly have a USB-C port and a Smart Connector.
Gurman: MacBook Pro with miniLED display coming between September-November
Apple supplier launches non-invasive glucose monitor & health sensor tech
- A new "clinic-on-the-wrist" digital health system from Apple supplier Rockley Photonics backs up expectations that the Apple Watch will ultimately gain non-invasive glucose monitoring.
Direct download: cultcast_502.mp3
-- posted at: 11:16pm PDT