This week: let's talk Apple's "Far Out" event predictions!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 13, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
Apple’s ‘far out’ event invite hints at iPhone 14 features
- The starry invitation to the September 7 Far Out event that went out this week might drop a clue to one or more long-rumored features finally coming to the iPhone 14.
M2 MacBook Air runs Windows 11 faster than pricier Dell laptop
- Real-world experiments with the new MacBook Air show Apple’s latest can use Parallels 18 to run Windows 11 faster than a Dell XPS Plus.
Enter to win Bucardo’s unique Apple Watch accessories [Cult of Mac giveaway]
- Two lucky winners will receive one Bucardo Apple Pocket Watch and one Bucardo Sports Band. Together, the items in this unique bundle retail for $189. Enter below for your shot at taking home the big prize.
After 20 years, what’s the most ‘Shazamed’ song of all time?
- Apple bought the popular music-recognition app Shazam, which can name any song you hear, in 2018. Friday marks the app’s 20th birthday. And this week it officially surpassed 70 billion song recognitions, Cupertino said.
MoviePass to relaunch on Labor Day in beta form with pricing ranging from $10-$30 a month
- MoviePass will relaunch in beta form on Labor Day.
How to get 3 months of Apple TV+ for free (new or returning subscribers)
Direct download: cultcast_559.mp3
-- posted at: 10:23pm PDT