- Apple spills ‘realityOS’ again as new AR/VR headset inches closer!
- Don't expect FaceID in your Mac ANYTIME soon...
- Apple’s new Tap to Pay feature lets your iPhone accept contactless payments with ZERO additional hardware
- Absolutely vile: Devs react to Apple’s 27% cut of third-party payments
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 13, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
Apple spills ‘realityOS’ again as new AR/VR headset inches closer
- Another reference to Apple’s unreleased “realityOS” operating system leaked Wednesday in new open source code. It suggests the company’s highly anticipated mixed-reality headset is inching closer to its public debut.
Apple considered Face ID for M1 iMac, but it’s not ready for MacBook yet
- Apple considered bringing Face ID to the M1 iMac, which would have been an ideal candidate for the facial recognition technology, according to a new report.
Apple’s new Tap to Pay feature lets iPhone accept contactless payments
- iPhones are about to become cash registers!
Absolutely vile: Devs react to Apple’s 27% cut of third-party payments
- Dutch regulators — and those in other countries - have been pushing for third-party payments. They have ruled it must accept third-party payments, but they have not stated how much Apple can charge for apps and subscriptions it does not process.
Add ports to your M1 Mac with a Satechi USB-C Multiport MX Adapter [Cult of Mac giveaway]
Cal Digit's new Thunderbolt 4 Dock is a beast
Direct download: cultcast_531.mp3
-- posted at: 10:04pm PDT