This week: M1X MacBook Pro is coming soon! We discuss. And remembering Steve Jobs, we miss him. Plus: it's back—an all new Under Review! We're revealing our favorite new gadgets.
Get 2 episodes of CultCast Off Topic each and every week for just $6! Off Topic is a new weekly variety show hosted by Erfon Elijah and friends, dedicated to tech, gaming, culture, and more. Join Cult Support, good friend!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 12, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
Join us in the CultClub! discord.gg/BrKdnSK
On the show this week
@erfon / @lkahney / @lewiswallace
New MacBook Pros Likely to Launch at Apple Event This Month, Says Gurman
- In his latest newsletter, Gurman says Apple y is poised to announce the M1X powered MacBook Pros within the next month, noting that "Apple typically does its major new Mac introductions in October. So stay tuned."
How to get ready to pre-order Apple Watch Series 7
- The time when you can preorder the next generation of Apple Watch is drawing close. Apple will start taking people’s money at exactly 5 a.m. PDT this Friday, Oct. 8.
Apple stays strangely silent on most Apple Watch Series 7 prices
- Apple Watch Series 7 launches Friday but pricing information for most configurations remains a mystery less than a day from the debut. All Apple has revealed so far is that the base model is $399.
Win a bundle of iPhone 13 cases from Case-Mate [Cult of Mac giveaway]
- If you just bought the latest iPhone 13 and need some new cases, this week’s giveaway is for you. Case-Mate is giving away five of its most popular cases that are both pretty and protective.
Today in Apple history: Steve Jobs dies at 56
- October 5, 2011: Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies at the age of 56 in his home in Palo Alto, California. Jobs’ official cause of death is respiratory arrest arising from complications related to a rare type of pancreatic cancer. He was diagnosed with the cancer eight years earlier, and officially stepped down from his role as Apple CEO in August 2011.
Tim Cook reflects on Steve Jobs’ legacy on 10th anniversary of his passing
- This week, Tim Cook sent a memo to all employees about his former boss and friend. In it, he says that Jobs’ passion to change the world for the better lives on in the company.
Apple pays touching tribute to Steve Jobs a decade after his passing
- Apple today commemorates its co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs ten years after he passed away from pancreatic cancer. The company’s homepage has been adorned with images of Jobs throughout his years at Apple, as well as an official film and a statement from the Jobs family.
Jony Ive on What He Misses Most About Steve Jobs
- My memories of that brutal, heartbreaking day 10 years ago are scattered and random. I cannot remember driving down to his house. I do remember a hazy October sky and shoes that were too tight. I remember afterwards Tim and I sat quietly in the garden together for a long time.
Direct download: cultcast_513.mp3
-- posted at: 11:56pm PDT