This week: We react to reviews of the M2 Mac Studio, Mac Pro, and 15" MacBook Air - Plus: all this week's best Apple stories!
This episode supported by
With top-tier build quality, range up to 42 miles, and speeds up to 28 mph, the Lectric XP 3.0 is one of the best values in e-bikes. Check out the XP 3.0 and Lectric’s other great bikes at lectricebikes.com.
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 14, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
2023 Mac Studio review roundup: Eye-watering power
- The primary difference between the new Mac Studio and its predecessor is the processor, so this was the focus of many of the reviews.
M2 Ultra Mac Pro proves twice as fast as Intel Mac Pro — at half the price
- In Geekbench 6 stats that surfaced online Saturday, the M2 Ultra scored 2,776 and 21,402 in single-core and multi-core benchmarks, respectively. For comparison, the M1 Ultra scores 2,379 and 17,579 in the same set of tests. This indicates Apple’s M2 Ultra packs a 20% faster CPU.
First Benchmark Result Surfaces for Mac Pro With M2 Ultra Chip
- The first Geekbench 6 benchmark result for the new Mac Pro surfaced today, providing a closer look at the M2 Ultra chip's CPU performance in the desktop tower.
Win a Ugreen Nexode a fast 65W Charger with universal plugs
15-inch MacBook Air review roundup: Killer for consumers
- Reviewers have plenty of praise for the first 15-inch MacBook Air, with comments like it “does its job very, very well” (The Verge) and it’s “more than good enough” (CNET).
Cheaper Apple Vision Headset Likely to Launch by End of 2025
- Apple still plans to launch a more affordable version of its Vision Pro headset by the end of 2025, with the non-Pro model likely to be called "Apple Vision One," or more
Direct download: cultcast_599.mp3
-- posted at: 11:46pm PST