This week: according to two accurate leakers, an Apple event is coming our way in March, and AirTags will definitely be involved. Plus: in-screen touch ID is coming to iPhone, and the notch is going bye bye… And we’ll tell you about two insanely great features in iOS 14.5 beta!
Get 3 episodes of CultCast Off Topic each and every week for just $6! Off Topic is a new weekly variety show hosted by Erfon Elijah and friends, decidated to tech, gaming, culture, and more. Join Cult Support, good friend!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 12, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
Join us in the CultClub! discord.gg/BrKdnSK
On the show this week
@erfon / @lewiswallace
John Prosser says we're getting a March Apple event
Replacing iPhone notch with hole-punch camera makes no damn sense
- Apple might get rid of the screen notch in the 2022 iPhone.
iPhone 13 could boast the bigger battery you desperately desire
- In a note to investors sent Monday and seen by Cult of Mac. Kuo says the four iOS handsets coming in the second half of the year will have much in common with the iPhone 12, including the same screen sizes and Lightning ports. But there will be a number of improvements, nevertheless.
Find My app gets ‘Items’ tab for gadget tracking in iOS 14.5 beta 3
- Apple’s newest iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 betas add a new “Items” tab to the built-in Find My app that allows users to tracks Beats headphones, luggage and other third-party gadgets.
iOS 14.5 Beta 3 Includes 'Item Safety Feature' for AirTags and Other Tracked Items to Help Prevent Stalking
- iOS and iPadOS 14.5 beta 3 includes a new "Item Safety Feature" that helps prevent someone from stalking or tracking you with item trackers such as AirTags.
Arizona Advances Bill That Will Let Developers Skirt Apple's In-App Purchase Rules
- The Arizona House of Representatives today passed HB2005, a state bill that would provide developers with an alternative to Google and Apple's in-app purchase options by allowing developers to use their own payment solutions within apps.
Direct download: cultcast_482_3-4-21.mp3
-- posted at: 11:38pm PDT