This week: AirTags 2.0 are incoming with a strange new feature, and we've details on what to expect for Apple Watch Series 9 and Ultra 2.0!
This episode supported by
Instead of paying hundreds of dollars for a private tutor - or fooling yourself with language apps that are little more than games - Babbel’s quick 10-minute lessons are designed by over 150 language experts to help you start speaking a new language in as little as 3-weeks. Get 55% off at babbel.com/cultcast.
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 14, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
iPhone Life Tip of the Day Newsletter Ad Read for BackBeat Media URL: https://www.iphonelife.com/dailytips
This week's stories
ERFON: Apple preps second-generation AirTag tracker with AR capabilities
- The Apple AirTag item tracker sells well enough that an updated version is in early development, according to a reputable analyst. And it might include the AR capabilities that were rumored years ago.
- The tiny tracker has reportedly been selling by the millions since the product launch in 2021.
LEWIS: Would you buy Apple Watch 9 or Ultra 2 in these new colors?
- Reliable leaker ShrimpApplePro tweeted Tuesday about the possible new pink aluminum color for Apple Watch Series 9 and a black titanium case for Apple Watch Ultra 2.
GRIFFIN: 1 billion subscribers push Apple’s services revenue to all-time high
- Apple announced one billion people now subscribe to Apple services, although total revenue decreased slightly during the June quarter, the third time that’s happened in a row. And the money coming in from all Apple’s hardware groups is down
ERFON: Tim Cook calls AI ‘absolutely critical’ to Apple products
- Apple has been quiet about its plans for artificial intelligence, but CEO Tim Cook set out in a conference call with analysts and major investors on Thursday to make it clear that his company isn’t behind the curve on AI.
LEWIS: Win a posh leather iPad Pro sleeve from Harber London [Cult of Mac giveaway]
- For this week’s giveaway, we partnered with Harber London to offer you an opportunity to win an exquisite, handmade Magnetic Envelope Sleeve for iPad Pro valued at $118.
The cheapest and easiest way to add wireless CarPlay to any vehicle
- The vast majority of new cars sold today are compatible with CarPlay and/or Android Auto. surveys found that for more than 80% of new car buyers, CarPlay is an essential feature.
GRIFFIN: Here’s what I use my Apple Newton for in 2023
- Apple Newton celebrated its 30th birthday just earlier this week
Direct download: cultcast_606.mp3
-- posted at: 11:36pm PST