This week: We're talking all the best announcements at WWDC 23, reactions to the Vision Pro and "Spacial Computing", iOS 17 hidden features, and we reveal the winner of last week's WWDC '23 predictions!
This episode supported by
With top-tier build quality, range up to 42 miles, and speeds up to 28 mph, the Lectric XP 3.0 is one of the best values in e-bikes. Check out the XP 3.0 and Lectric’s other great bikes at lectricebikes.com.
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 14, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
First looks at Vision Pro: Apple nails the hardware (and the experience)
- The headset, which Apple says will launch in 2024 and with a $3,499 price tag, represents the company’s first foray into what it calls “spatial computing.”
iOS 17 Tidbits: Enhanced Siri Suggestions, Multiple Timers, Recipe Visual Look Up, and More
- If you have an Apple Watch paired to your iPhone, Apple has added an optional button in Control Center that enables you to ping your watch if you have misplaced it.
Enter to win a clever AirTag bike reflector mount [Cult of Mac giveaway]
- For this week’s giveaway, we teamed up with Device Therapy, which makes a clever disguise to keep an eye on your bicycle. Three lucky winners will receive an awesome Bike Reflector Mount that can help foil thieves who want to steal your two-wheeler.
Mac Studio updated with ‘most powerful chip ever made for a personal computer’
- The desktop machine now comes with Apple’s new M2 Ultra chip — the “most powerful chip ever created for a personal computer,” according to Apple.
Mac Pro finally gets updated to Apple silicon, is 3X faster
- The new Mac Pro features the “most powerful chip ever created for a personal computer,” and is up to 3x faster than the previous-generation Intel-based model.
WWDC23 Prediction Results
Direct download: 598.mp3
-- posted at: 12:22am PDT