This week: Apple's prepping a new HomePod with a 7" touchscreen, plus: Apple might enter the AI game, and TC order headset release as designers warn it's not ready!
This episode supported by
Kolide ensures only secure devices can access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust tailor-made for Okta. Book a demo today at Kolide.com/cultcast
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 14, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
Apple working on a HomePod with 7-inch display for 2024
- Apple could launch its first smart display as soon as next year. Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes Apple is preparing a HomePod with a 7-inch display for H1 2024.
Tim Cook approves AR headset’s 2023 launch despite opposition from Apple design team
- Apple CEO Tim Cook reportedly sided with COO Jeff Williams to launch the company’s AR/VR headset this year, despite the fact that Cupertino’s design team wanted to wait a few more years to launch a sleeker pair of AR glasses.
Enter to win a versatile selfie stick that does it all [Cult of Mac giveaway]
Report: Apple to 'Re-Examine' AI Development
- Apple is planning to "re-examine" its development of artificial intelligence, according to Taiwanese supply chain publication DigiTimes.
The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse wins Oscar for Apple TV+
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences gave Apple TV+ its latest Oscar win, this time for The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse. It is hand-drawn animation, and it therefore took home the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film.
Apple Music Classical finally makes its debut performance
- A preview of Apple Music Classical appeared Thursday on the App Store. When available, the app will offer access to the world’s largest classical music catalog, with more than
Direct download: cultcast_586.mp3
-- posted at: 11:42pm PST