This week: new iPads Pros, new AirPods, and AirTags are incoming, but Apple warns coronavirus could mean big manufacturing delays. Plus: from cut and paste, to Newton, and more—we remember the inventions of tech folk hero Larry Tesler. And stick around for an all new Under Review, where Leander pitches some of the more bizarre shows on TV.
This episode supported by
Our thanks to Linked In for supporting this episode. A business is only as strong as its people, and every hire matters… head to LinkedIn.com/cultcast and get a $50 credit toward your first job post.
The NETGEAR Orbi WiFi 6 router gives you ultra-fast speeds and wider coverage throughout your home – it’s the biggest revolution in WiFi ever. Check it out today at your local Best Buy and at Netgear.com/bestwifi6.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 11, Apple Watch, Mac Pro and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
On the show this week
@erfon / @lkahney / @lewiswallace
This week's stories
iPad Pro refresh expected this March, but supplies could be limited
- Apple is expected to deliver a big iPad Pro refresh this March, and that’s still on track despite the ongoing coronavirus epidemic, according to a new report. Supplies could be limited at launch, however, with production likely to be slow to ramp up until after April.
Apple warns of iPhone 'supply shortages' due to coronavirus outbreak
- The consequences of the coronavirus outbreak will be worse than expected for Apple. The tech firm has warned that global iPhone supply will be "temporarily constrained" while it resumes production.
Wait for ‘AirPods Pro Lite’ will drag on as production is reportedly delayed
- We could be waiting longer for the mysterious “AirPods Pro Lite” headphones Apple is rumored to be developing. A new report claims production will not begin during the second half of 2020 as originally planned.
MacBooks may be in short supply after March
- Now might be the best time to buy that MacBook you’ve been considering. Factory shutdowns in China because of the coronavirus outbreak will reportedly lead to shortages of components needed to make laptops.
AirTags on the radar for roll out in the second half of 2020
- Apple’s fall product launch will include a tiny gadget with a big responsibility: knowing the whereabouts of your devices when you lose them.
What We're Into Picks
Direct download: cultcast_428.mp3
-- posted at: 12:06am PDT