This week: we got new details and leaks on the upcoming MacBook Pros, iMacs, and Mac Pro mini… or will it be the Mac Mini Pro??? Plus: lossless music is coming to Spotify, which means the mythical Apple Music lossless is also coming our way.
Get 3 episodes of CultCast Off Topic each and every week for just $6! Off Topic is a new weekly variety show hosted by Erfon Elijah and friends, decidated to tech, gaming, culture, and more. Join Cult Support, good friend!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 12, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
Join us in the CultClub! discord.gg/BrKdnSK
On the show this week
@erfon / @lkahney / @lewiswallace
Blast from the past: 2021 iMac could bring back multiple colors
- Apple leaker Jon Prosser shared renders of the upcoming new iMac design. Visually, it looks a lot like Apple’s Pro Display XDR, with a hint of iPad Pro. However, the big difference is that this year’s iMac supposedly will come in a range of colors.
Exciting new render previews Mac Pro mini
- Apple leaker Jon Prosser shared the first image of what he claims is Apple’s forthcoming "Mac Pro mini" in his latest FrontPageTech video, along with news about the multiple color options for the forthcoming iMac redesign.
HDMI port and SD card reader supposedly will return to MacBook Pro this year
- TF International Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo expects new 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros to launch in the second half of this year.
How to tell if Silver Sparrow malware is hiding on your Mac
- Some of the first malware targeting both M-series and Intel Macs has affected thousands of computers. At this point, the malicious code — called “Silver Sparrow” — is not dangerous, and Apple may have pulled its teeth. But users of the latest macOS computers still might want to know if their device has it. And the same goes for owners of Intel-based Macs. Here’s how to find out if your computer has been hit.
Spotify HiFi will bring CD-quality audio to 'select markets' this year
- The company confirmed today that it plans to launch a Spotify HiFi service in 'select markets' later this year.
Direct download: cultcast_481_2-25-21.mp3
-- posted at: 10:36pm PDT