This week: the new M2 MacBook Pros are INCOMING!
- iOS 16 Introduces New Capabilities for Accessories With U1 Chip Integration
- Amazon's Prime Air drones will soon be making deliveries
- The legendary DeLorean is about to be REBORN!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 13, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
MacBook Pros with M2 Pro and M2 Max chips could launch this fall
- Apple reportedly has a very aggressive timeline for adding to its M2 chip lineup.
iOS 16 Introduces New Capabilities for Accessories With U1 Chip Integration
- As part of WWDC last month, Apple announced that iOS 16 will allow third-party accessories with U1 chip integration to interact with iPhone apps even when the app is running in the background, enabling new "hands-free user experiences."
Amazon's Prime Air drones will soon make deliveries in Texas
- Amazon, after 9 years of development and research, and more than two done prototypes, will start offering Prime Air service deliveries with drones.
Amazon’s self-driving robotaxi is ‘really close’ to human transport as vehicle passes key safety tests
- AMAZON’s robotaxi startup, Zoox, is the first self-driving tech company to achieve a five-star federal crash rating from the NHTSA [National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.]
The DeLorean lives!
- Alpha 5 - all electric 4 seat sports coupe with limited production
- Should debut in August at Pebble Beach
- Production slated for 2024.
- Only 88 initial units are planned.
- Designed by the original designer of the original DeLorean
- Cars will be built in Italy.
- Several other models are also planned, including an 8-cylinder sports car.
Direct download: cultcast_554.mp3
-- posted at: 10:41pm PST