This week: all the best new and hidden features in iOS 16.1, iPadOS 16.1, and macOS Ventura. Plus: Apple releases yet another great update for the original HomePod, and BestBuy beats Apple in providing a way to pay for your new Mac monthly and trade it in when new models come out.
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 14, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
Apples hikes prices of Apple TV+, Apple Music and Apple One
- Apple plans to raise the prices of some of its subscription services by $1 to $3 each, reports indicated Monday. The services include Apple TV+, Apple Music and the Apple One subscription bundle.
4 great iPadOS 16.1 features that aren’t Stage Manager
- Apple finally released iPadOS 16.1. The debut of the Stage Manager multitasking system has drawn most of the attention, but plenty of other new features are worth checking out, too.
- Monday’s launch is extra-significant because iPadOS 16 never launched. Version 16.1 is the first replacement for last year’s iPadOS 15.x.
5 iOS 16.1 features to try right away
How to share an iCloud Photo Library
iOS 16.1 Features: Everything New in iOS 16.1
Apple Releases New HomePod 16.1 Software With Matter Support
- According to Apple's release notes, HomePod software version 16.1 includes support for the Matter smart home standard.
Best Buy's 'Upgrade+' Program Lets Customers Get a New Mac Laptop Every Three Years With Monthly Financing
- Best Buy today announced a new financing and upgrade program called "Upgrade+." The program involves a combination of interest-free financing through Citizens Pay and an option to upgrade to a new Mac laptop after three years.
Direct download: cultcast_566.mp3
-- posted at: 10:23pm PDT