We're talking Apple's "20-inch folding MacBook", new features in iOS 16.2, + the big changes coming to iCloud!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 14, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
20-inch folding screen could change MacBooks forever
- Apple could be working on a MacBook far larger than the current 16-inch model – a 20.25-inch one is supposedly in development. But don’t picture a standard laptop, as this will supposedly use a folding display.
iOS 16.2 with Freeform, Apple Music Sing and more is just days away
- Apple seeded the iOS 16.2 release candidate to developers Wednesday, taking a huge step toward giving iPhone users access to the Freeform collaboration app, the recently announced Apple Music Sing and other exciting new features.
Apple vastly expands iCloud data encryption with 3 security updates
- Apple said Wednesday users are gaining three new security features to protect their data in the cloud, with some available now and some to come. The overall program is called Advanced Data Protection.
Enter to win a tough, titanium Apple Watch Ultra band from Lululook [Cult of Mac giveaway] - Lewis
- This week’s giveaway will let five lucky winners get their hands on a sturdy Apple Watch Ultra Titanium Band from Lululook. The band matches the new Apple Watch Ultra perfectly, thanks to its sleek titanium finish.
Apple car just got a lot less ambitious
- Apple’s plan for a completely autonomous vehicle has gone back onto the drawing board, according to a reliable source. The company supposedly is still prepping an electric car but the self-driving capabilities much more limited.
Dyson is making the strangest headphones on the planet
Direct download: cultcast_572.mp3
-- posted at: 11:20pm PST