This week: we're reacting and deep-diving into everything Apple announced at this week's Wonderlust event, including iPhone 15 Pro and Max, Apple Watch Ultra 2, Apple Watch Series 9, AirPods Pro 2 and more!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 15 Pro, guitars, glasses and lenses sparkling clean! For a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a two free CarryCloths with any order $20+ at CultCloth.co.
iPhone Life Tip of the Day Newsletter Ad Read for BackBeat Media URL: https://www.iphonelife.com/dailytips
This week's stories
GRIFFIN: iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max pack new features, but only 1 higher price tag
- Predictions that both iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max would see price increases turned out to be partly true. iPhone 15 Pro remains at $999, like like iPhone 14 Pro. But iPhone 15 Max, with its major camera upgrades, goes up from to $1,099 to $1,199.
LEWIS: Apple Watch Series 9 gets big power boost and new double tap gesture
- Apple Watch Series 9 brings a faster S9 chip that the company says will boost performance, make Siri more usable, and enable an entirely new “double tap” gesture.
Erfon: Apple Watch Ultra 2 is here with a brighter display, faster S9 SiP
- The front is dominated by a 1.92-inch LTPO OLED panel that now gets brighter than before. It can now reach a peak brightness of 3,000 nits, an increase of 1,000 nits from the first-gen Ultra.
LEWIS: Enter to win a carbon fiber case and band for Apple Watch [Cult of Mac giveaway]
Erfon: iPhone 15 adds Dynamic Island and 48MP camera, dumps Lightning port
- Gets some features trickled down from last year’s iPhone 14 Pro
GRIFFIN: Apple updates AirPods Pro 2 and EarPods with USB-C
- Small tweaks to the AirPods Pro 2 include USB C, an improved IP54 rating for improved dust resistance and lossless audio if you pair the earbuds to an Apple Vision Pro (which Apple confirmed is shipping early next year).
Lewis: iPhone 15's USB-C Port Can Charge Your Apple Watch and AirPods
- You'll need an appropriate cable to charge with an iPhone, such as a USB-C to USB-C cable for the new AirPods Pro 2 USB-C Charging Case, or a USB-C Apple Watch charging puck (which will probably come in the box with those products)
Erfon: All iPhone 15 Models Support DisplayPort for Up to 4K HDR Video Output
- The new iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max all support DisplayPort for up to 4K HDR video mirroring and video output to an external display or TV, according to Apple's tech specs for the devices.
Erfon: Apple’s new FineWoven material for watch bands and iPhone cases makes leather obsolete
- To make its products more eco-friendly, Apple introduced a new material it calls “FineWoven” today. This material, which Apple says has a “suedelike” feel, will replace the company’s existing leather accessories for the iPhone and Apple Watch.
Erfon: iCloud+ storage capacities expand to 12TB
- Previously, the storage options were 50GB, 200GB and 2TB. The monthly cost for these is $0.99, $2.99 and $10.99, respectively.
GRIFFIN: “Wonderlust” prediction results
Direct download: cultcast_612.mp3
-- posted at: 11:44pm PST