- iPhone 14 Pro could pack strange ‘hole + pill’ screen cutout to replace notch
- Apple continues testing multiple folding iPhone prototypes
- Apple’s first headset could be 3 years ahead of rivals in computing power
- Apple VR headset won’t create a full metaverse
- Apple’s fancy Polishing Cloth is finally back in stock
- Apple loses head of Mac chip design to Intel
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 13, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
iPhone 14 Pro could pack strange ‘hole + pill’ screen cutout to replace notch
- It was previously believed that Apple would use a hole punch cutout, like a lot of rival smartphone makers. Then that changed to a pill-shaped camera cutout. Now, one analyst, who has proven reliable in the past, says we should expect both. “We now believe Apple will have a hole + pill design on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max models,” tweeted Ross Young, CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants, on Wednesday. “The smaller hole will not be invisible.”
Apple continues testing multiple folding iPhone prototypes
- Word that the iPhone-maker continues working on folding handset comes from Dylandkt in a thread on Twitter: "For those who are curious about a foldable iPhone, Apple is definitely working and testing multiple prototypes that contain foldable displays. Too many compromises still exist with foldable display technology though.
Apple’s first headset could be 3 years ahead of rivals in computing power
- Apple’s first mixed-reality headset will ship with the same 96W power adapter that you get with some 14-inch MacBook Pro models, according to an analyst, who says that’s proof the device will pack plenty of computing power.
Apple VR headset won’t create a full metaverse
- While Apple is creating a VR headset, it’s reportedly not developing a complete virtual world for users. It plans on virtual reality games, video and other experiences. But these supposedly won‘t be connected into a single VR metaverse.
Apple’s fancy Polishing Cloth is finally back in stock
- Sick of sticky smudges all over your Apple devices? The company’s pricey Polishing Cloth is now back in stock for those who didn’t get a chance to buy one before it quickly sold out last fall.
Win a Journey 3 in 1 Wireless Charging Station for all your Apple gear [Cult of Mac giveaway]
Apple loses head of Mac chip design to Intel – erfon
- The person responsible for overseeing the transition from Intel to Apple silicon left the company. Jeff Wilcox was Director, Mac System Architecture before his departure.
Direct download: cultcast_527.mp3
-- posted at: 11:20pm PDT