This week: Gurman's back at it laying out what we can expect Apple to release in 2022, plus new intel on AirPods Pro V2, a new cheaper Pro XDR Display, and we'll show you our favorite tech from CES 2022!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 13, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
Gurman: iPhone 14 Models Without Notch, Redesigned MacBook Air With M2 Chip, and More to Launch in 2022
- In the latest edition of his Power On newsletter, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman reiterated his expectations for new Apple products in 2022, including the iPhone 14 series, a redesigned MacBook Air with an M2 chip, an iPad Pro with wireless charging, and more.
Redesigned AirPods Pro 2 will support high-quality lossless audio
- Apple will launch a second generation of AirPods Pro in the fall, according to an analyst who’s also a reliable tipster. The upgraded earbuds allegedly will offer better sound than the current version, via support for lossless audio. And there reportedly will be other changes, too, including a new design.
Apple’s next desktop monitor could cost half the price of Pro Display XDR
- Apple’s next desktop monitor won’t be cheap, but it could be significantly less expensive than the high-end Pro Display XDR, according to a new report.
Apple wins race to $3 trillion market cap
- Apple just became the first publicly traded U.S. company to be valued at a whopping $3 trillion. AAPL stock topped out at $182.88 a share Monday before dropping slightly, bringing the market cap back below the $3 trillion milestone.
Win a Journey 3 in 1 Wireless Charging Station for all your Apple gear [Cult of Mac giveaway]
- The holidays are finally over, and if you were lucky enough to receive an Apple Watch, iPhone or AirPods as gifts, this latest giveaway is for you. Journey, a maker of innovative consumer electronics, is giving three lucky winners its 3 in 1 Wireless Charging Station. Comes in black or white, retails for $99.99 -- they are also having a 30% off sale right now.
This smart collar wants to be your dog’s Apple Watch
- Most canine trackers use accelerometers and GPS sensors, but Invoxia has gone further with its new collar. The company, which makes a variety of location trackers, said it worked with board-certified veterinary cardiologists to develop deep-learning artificial intelligence (AI) that relies on miniaturized radar sensors for health readings.
Targus backpack uses Apple Find My without AirTag
- You won‘t have to attach an AirTag tracker to the upcoming Targus Cypress Hero Backpack to locate it because it’ll have Apple’s Find My tracking technology built in.
Schlage rolls out first smart lock in US to support Apple Home Key
- Schlage introduced the first smart lock in North America to support Apple Home Key — the Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt — on Tuesday at CES 2022.
Samsung beats Apple to truly wireless charging over Wi-Fi waves
- Despite Apple’s lengthy and ongoing efforts to deliver much-improved charging technologies, archrival Samsung has beaten Cupertino in the race for truly wireless charging. Except you won’t find it in a smartphone … yet.
Direct download: cultcast_526.mp3
-- posted at: 11:57pm PDT