This week: our WWDC23 predictions, Apple’s headset is finally incoming, and even more dizzying examples of the unreal power of AI.
This episode supported by
Kolide ensures only secure devices can access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust tailor-made for Okta. Book a demo today at Kolide.com/cultcast
With top-tier build quality, range up to 42 miles, and speeds up to 28 mph, the Lectric XP 3.0 is one of the best values in e-bikes. Check out the XP 3.0 and Lectric’s other great bikes at lectricebikes.com.
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your Mac Studio, Studio Display, iPhone 14, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
This week's stories
WWDC23 kicks off June 5 with online event
- The official invitation to Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference 2023 went out Wednesday, confirming we’ll get our first look at what’s on the company’s near-term agenda on June 5. Apple promises WWDC23 will bring an opportunity “to learn the latest about Apple platforms, technologies, and tools.”
WWDC23 invite might hint at Apple VR headset
- The colorful image Apple used Wednesday to invite developers to WWDC23 set off speculation that it’s a hint that the company’s long-awaited VR/AR headset will be unveiled at the June event.
Apple VR headset production reportedly pushed back again
15 new features in iOS 16.4 you should try right away
- Once you install iOS 16.4, the biggest point release of iOS 16 so far, check out these 15 features to try right away — including the new “high five emoji” combo.
How to enable Voice Isolation for iPhone calls in iOS 16.4
First ChatGPT-generated app hits the App Store
- 5 Movies, likely the first iPhone app generated almost entirely by ChatGPT, was approved by Apple and published on the App Store late Thursday night.
Wozniak, Musk and leading researchers urge pause on ‘out of control’ AI dev
- A new open letter signed by tech leaders urges a six-month pause on development of advanced artificial intelligence applications that may pose “profound risks to society and humanity.”
This viral ‘photo’ of the pope in a puffer jacket fooled the internet. How can we spot AI deepfakes?
Direct download: cultcast_588.mp3
-- posted at: 11:00pm PDT