- Everything you need to know about Apple Pay Cash.
- One of the best, most anticipated Apple TV apps fo 2017 is FINALLY available. We’ll talk about that.
- Why are we so hard on Apple? We recently received some harsh email from a critic asking that very question.
- We wrap up with our huge list of the best gadgets of 2017!!
This episode supported by
Build a beautiful, responsive website quick at Squarespace.com
. Enter offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off. Squarespace—Build it Beautiful.
The single-router wifi model just doesn’t work for our increasingly high-bandwidth world. The EERO
distributed system will blanket your home in hyper-fast, reliable WiFi, and you can score free overnight shipping with code CULTCAST at checkout.
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 7, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad sparkling clean, and for a limited time you can use code CULTCAST to score a free CleanCloth with any order at CultCloth.co
On the show this week
iPhone X delivery times fall to within one week in US
- All iPhone X models up for sale on Apple's online store are showing delivery in a week, down from 2-3 weeks two weeks ago.
- KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said supply chain improvements were to thank for Apple's improved iPhone X ship times, specifically a diversification of LCP LTE antenna orders and higher yields of iPhone's TrueDepth dot projector.
Everything you need to know about Apple Pay Cash
- Used to pay people via the Messages app, though you can also use your Apple Pay Cash card to make Apple Pay payments if you have money on the card (card lives in your Apple Wallet)
- You can add cash to your card by receiving payments, or adding cash in the wallet app (minimum $10). This is one in the Wallet app. Just select the card then press the little “i” at the bottom right of the screen
- Money paid to you will live on your Apple Pay Cash card until you use it or transfer it to your bank.
- Debit cards let you send money for free, while credit cards cost 3%
- You can send money via Siri to people in your contacts
- You can send/receive a minimum of $1-$3,000 in a transaction, and can send/receive up to $10,000 in any 7 day period.
Amazon Prime Video is finally available for your Apple TV
- Apple has finally delivered on its WWDC promise to bring Amazon Prime Video to Apple TV, with just a few weeks to spare before Apple hit its own end-of-the-year deadline.
- The tvOS version of the app is available to download on Apple TV 3rd generation devices or above by searching “Amazon Prime Video” on your set-top box. It brings an end to the days of having to use AirPlay to play Amazon Prime Video on your Apple TV, via another device.
Ditch your old router, Eero is the new king of Wi-Fi routers [Review]
AmpliFi HD’s blazing-fast Wi-Fi will spoil you rotten [Reviews]
I made my own smart HomePod speaker, and it’s awesome
Listener email: Why are we “so hard” on Apple?
Best gadgets of 2017!
Apple Wifi connected to a Amazon Echo dot
Sonos Playbase tv speaker
Amazon Echo Show
See sense bicycle lights
Wahoo Element GPS bicycle computer
Nokia Body Plus smart scale
Hunter Symphony Homkit Fan
Fender GT 200 iOS controlled smart guitar amp
Fender GT 100
Fender GT 40
Rhinoshield Crashguard bumper case for iPhone X
For iPhone 8
Arlo Pro 2 smart security cameras
Arlo Q indoor camera
My 2013 MacBook Pro!
Amplify HD mesh router
Koogeek Homekit smart bulb
Koogeek Homekit smart plug
Omna 180 smart homekit camera
Litter Robot 3 executive cat bathroom
DJI Mavic Pro Drone
One Wheel plus scooter board for clowns