This week: Apple’s March hardware event ain’t happening, and may have been nothin but a trap to catch Prosser and his fellow leakers. But don't worry, it looks like a April Hardware event is incoming!
Plus: RIP to the beloved HomePod, one of Apple’s best products--what happened!? We discuss! And Justin “I’m a Mac” Long is now Schilling Intel PCs. Lol! You’re not gonna believe this… And Apple brought a LIFE CHANGING feature to the iOS beta--we’ll fill you in!
Get 3 episodes of CultCast Off Topic each and every week for just $6! Off Topic is a new weekly variety show hosted by Erfon Elijah and friends, decidated to tech, gaming, culture, and more. Join Cult Support, good friend!
This episode supported by
Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
Cult of Mac's watch store is full of beautiful straps that cost way less than Apple's. See the full curated collection at Store.Cultofmac.com
CultCloth will keep your iPhone 12, Apple Watch, iPad, glasses and lenses sparkling clean, and for a limited time use code CULTCAST at checkout to score a free CarryCloth with any order at CultCloth.co.
Join us in the CultClub! discord.gg/BrKdnSK
On the show this week
@erfon / @lewiswallace
Apple’s rumored March event may have been a ploy to catch leakers
- The misinformation about Apple’s March April special event may have been an attempt by Cupertino to catch out the people leaking information about the company’s plans.
Apple’s rumored March event reportedly will take place in April
- Apple’s next product launch will take place in April, not March, a soon-to-be-eyebrowless Jon Prosser claimed Wednesday.
When the music stops: Apple discontinues full-size HomePod
- The $299 version of Apple’s HomePod smart speaker has been discontinued. The company is already selling out of its remaining supply.
Justin ‘I’m a Mac’ Long now advertises Intel PCs
- Intel has released a bunch of new ads promoting PCs… starring Justin Long. The new ads riff on the classic “I’m a Mac, I’m a PC” ads by presenting Long in front of a white background, with tinkly music, comparing the finer points of Mac and PC. Except that, this time round, Long comes down firmly on the side of Wintel.
Why Apple Watch’s iPhone unlock will change your freakin’ face-mask life
- iOS 14.5 will be the best update of the pandemic era because it works with your Apple Watch to remove the hassle of unlocking your iPhone while wearing a face mask. You don’t have to type in your passcode every single damn time. The phone just unlocks. Like it’s supposed to.
Direct download: cultcast_484.mp3
-- posted at: 11:29pm PDT